Without Brandon Davies, BYU got smacked around at home by New Mexico. At least for the next 48 hours, that costs the Cougars a No. 1 seed.
In their place, we’ve got Notre Dame moving on up. The Fighting Irish are on fire right now and surging toward a top spot. Purdue is right on their heels, and Duke isn’t far behind.
Here are a few other teams moving in the right direction.
- North Carolina
- Kansas State
- Michigan State
- Colorado (despite losing to Iowa State)
And here are some teams struggling at a bad time of year.
Let’s get to the brackets. In this edition, we slot teams in regions and match ups. As always, please share your thoughts.
Here are links to the recent projected fields.
In addition, take a look at the bracket projections from a whole slew of different sources, updated daily by the good folks at the Bracket Project.
|(1) Ohio State vs. (16) Murray State (OVC) vs. Bethune-Cookman (MEAC) (Cleveland)
(8) Kansas State vs. (9) Tennessee (Cleveland)
(4) North Carolina vs. (13) Oakland (Summit) (Charlotte)
(5) West Virginia vs. (12) UAB (Conference USA) (Charlotte)
(2) Texas vs. (15) Long Beach State (Big West) (Tulsa)
(7) George Mason (CAA) vs. (10) Virginia Tech (Tulsa)
(3) Florida vs. (14) Bucknell (Patriot) (Tampa)
(6) Villanova vs. (11) Illinois (Tampa)
|(1) Notre Dame vs. (16) Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Horizon) (Chicago)
(8) Old Dominion vs. (9) Georgia (Chicago)
(4) St. John’s vs. (13) Princeton (Ivy) (Washington)
(5) Texas A&M vs. (12) Clemson vs. Marshall (Washington)
(2) Purdue vs. (15) Kent State (MAC) (Chicago)
(7) UCLA vs. (10) Marquette (Chicago)
(3) San Diego State vs. (14) Long Island (NEC) (Tucson)
(6) Connecticut vs. (11) Butler (Tucson)
|(1) Kansas vs. (16) McNeese State (Southland) vs. Texas Southern (SWAC) (Tulsa)
(8) UNLV vs. (9) Utah State (WAC) (Tulsa)
(4) Georgetown vs. (13) Charleston (Southern) (Tampa)
(5) Kentucky vs. (12) Boston College vs. Colorado (Tampa)
(2) BYU vs. (15) Northern Colorado (Big Sky) (Denver)
(7) Xavier vs. (10) Michigan State (Denver)
(3) Louisville vs. (14) Fairfield (Metro Atlantic) (Charlotte)
(6) Missouri vs. (11) Richmond (Charlotte)
|(1) Pittsburgh vs. (16) Florida Atlantic (Sun Belt) (Cleveland)
(8) Temple vs. (9) Florida State (Cleveland)
(4) Syracuse vs. (13) Belmont (Atlantic Sun) (Tucson)
(5) Vanderbilt vs. (12) Missouri State (Missouri Valley) (Tucson)
(2) Duke vs. (15) Coastal Carolina (Big South) (Charlotte)
(7) Cincinnati vs. (10) Washington (Charlotte)
(3) Wisconsin vs. (14) Vermont (America East) (Denver)
(6) Arizona vs. (11) Gonzaga (West Coast) (Denver)
Last Eight In:
Gonzaga (if needed)
First Eight Out:
UAB (if needed)
|Big East: 11
Big 12: 6
Big Ten: 6
Atlantic 10: 3
Mountain West: 3
21 one-bid conferences